How many times have you thought to yourself, ‘Oh man, it’s 5:30, and I haven’t even started dinner, and there a million other things that need to get done still!’
I’ve thought that many times, that’s why I was so excited to find Pete’s Paleo! Us Real Foodies aren’t willing to sacrifice our family’s health by ordering in pizza, take-out, or microwave dinners, so until now, we did just go ahead and stop what we were doing to prepare homemade meals for our family. With love, for sure, I do love providing the nutrients my family needs to grow and be healthy, don’t get me wrong. But if I can outsource it occasionally, that can free me up to do other things as well!
I got a chance to try Pete’s Paleo Meals recently, and they are amazing! I ordered *two* of the 10 meals/5 Snacks to feed the 3 of us, and it’s working fantastically. I love that Pete’s Paleo did all the work for me and sourced high quality organic ingredients, cooked them to restaurant-quality perfection, and then portioned them out.
I’ll admit, when I saw the packages come, I thought there was no way those would fill us up! It turns out that single portions packaged out look much smaller than they do on the plate- 2 servings is actually perfect for the 3 or us, no leftovers, but everyone’s full.
The snacks were in small bags, individually portioned, and on was a “Paleo Treat‘ seriously the most delicious cookie/candy I’ve ever had. These are GAPS friendly!
I ordered this week because I was excited about the concept and wanted to try them out for you. I love cooking, but sometimes there are other things that I’d like to get to also (I’m on a clean-out-my-house kick right now), so having dinner taken care of for the week and virtually nothing to clean up after dinner, is giving me a ton of extra time this week.
How it works:
To order: Click here and then up on the top menu is PETE’S PALEO MEALS and from there choose Nationwide Delivery. I like the 10 meals/5 Snacks option.
- If you desire, double the protein, and opt for no pork, no duck, or no snacks.
- If I really had no time to cook (new baby, recovering from an illness, moving, etc) I’d order one a week, but for just around the house to supplement our normal cooking, 10 will easily last us 2 weeks.
Order before Wednesday, they ship the week’s meals out Wednesday of that week packed in dry ice. I got mine Friday afternoon, and it was cold, the ice packs were still frozen.
To Store: Each meal is contained in a labeled brown bag, which comes chilled with dry ice and you keep in the fridge. If you have a way to heat up food at work, you could even just take the bag for lunch- how easy is that? I have them lined up on the bottom shelf of my fridge.
To Re-Heat: I get out a 12-inch stainless steel skillet that has a cover (see one I like here) and then place the three different items into different spots on the skillet, cover, and heat on medium-low for about 20 minutes, and then serve right from the pan. This has worked perfectly!
- Bacon Dashi greens with cauliflower and pork butt
- Confit turkey breast, roast turnips and skillet greens
- Mushroom, carrot, rutabaga, chicken game stew
- San Marzano tomatoes and chicken with spaghetti squash and sweet potatoes
- Roasted garlic grass fed beef kebobs, pickled cabbage and braised black pepper fennel
- Grass fed ground beef in a tomatillo green chili with carrots and paprika rutabaga
- Curried jidori chicken with broccoli, and snap peas
- Grass fed clove braised beef, butternut squash and beets with greens
- Sauteed U-15 shrimp, turnips with broccoli and mashed rutabaga
- Grass fed skirt steak , delicate squash and Suzie’s cauliflower blend
Pete’s Paleo is perfect for:
- Anyone who wants to try out Paleo without learning how to cook
- Those already eating grain free but are going through a busy time in their lives and didn’t get a chance to stock the freezer themselves
- Sending to a clean-eating family when a new baby arrives
- A family where only one person is eating grain or gluten free and the others aren’t
- Or to just ease the cooking burden (I’m sure I’m not the only one who just needs a break from cooking 3 meals a day every day!) for a time.
21 Easy and Delicious Grain-Free Meals
Curious about eating grain-free? I want to show you how easy and delicious it can be!
Try our best-selling meal plans... for free!
Just enter your information and I'll email it to you right away.