Nothing says fall and winter like soup. I really like a good vegetable soup, but sometimes the classic toss-a-bunch-of-veggies-in-a-pot-and-cook-them-for-forever gets old. And flavorless. But it’s so easy, right? That’s why we keep doing it. This cauliflower soup is a marvelous cure for that problem because it IS easy.
You DO toss a bunch of veggies in the crockpot and let them cook all day in a strong, nourishing broth. However, when you puree it with coconut milk and generously sprinkle it with bacon and parsley, a miracle happens.
Soup goes from ho-hum to awesome, and our fall and winter staple is saved.
Creamy Crockpot Cauliflower Soup
- Two 1-pound bags frozen cauliflower or 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 cups beef or chicken stock always have chicken stock on hand with this easy stock here
- 1/2 cup coconut milk find coconut milk here
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For Garnish: Turkey or beef bacon, crumbled Parsley, chopped
Slow Cooker Carrot-Cauliflower Soup with Coconut milk and Caramelized OnionsPrint
- Toss the cauliflower, carrots, onion, garlic, and stock in a 2-quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper, then puree with a stick blender until smooth, adding more stock or water if needed to get desired consistency.
- Garnish generously with bacon and parsley.
- Optional step: If desired, saute onions, carrots, and garlic in a little coconut oil over medium high heat until onions are translucent before adding them all to the crockpot. This adds an extra depth of flavor!
5 Delicious Keto FatBombs
Sign up to get my 5 Best Keto Fatbomb Recipes sent right to your inbox! Plus a bonus pizza recipe :)