Coconut Flour Banana Blueberry Muffins are such a friendly little breakfast bread to wake up to. This recipe uses a little lemon and a little vanilla to complement the blueberry’s tart-sweet flavor, and coconut flour as the grain-free, gluten-free flour. They are delicious right out of the oven, or packed in lunches or served alongside soup later in the day.
Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins
Coconut flour muffins can be dry and bland, but the addition of bananas, lemon, and blueberries make these muffins exciting and flavorful with a great texture.
Coconut Flour Blueberry-Banana Muffins - a breakfast treat
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil+ another tablespoon to grease the pan I use this coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup honey I like this mild honey, or date pastecan be used
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup yogurt or full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut flour I use this coconut flour
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375* F.
- Line muffin pan with parchment muffin liners. Dot muffin liners with the one tablespoon of coconut oil, and allow coconut oil to melt in the oven.
- In a stand mixer, bowl, or food processor mash or puree the bananas and combine them with the eggs, remaining coconut oil, yogurt or coconut milk, coconut flour, lemon juice, vanilla, and sea salt.
- After the mixture is smooth, add in the baking soda and mix again.
- At the very end, mix in blueberries by hand.
- Fill prepared muffin tin with batter, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle of the largest muffin comes out clean.
Free Ebook this month only: 20 Grain-Free Breakfast Recipes
20 Delicious Breakfast Recipes suitable for GAPS and Paleo diets!