Flavorful, and lighter than burgers made from ground beef, these delicious Greek Turkey Burgers are a fresh addition to your dinner table, and fantastic for lunch the next day too. The dressing takes just a minute to whip up, and is great on these burgers as well as any other meat.
Pre-cook the turkey burgers so that they are slightly under cooked. This allows them to go from being frozen to fully cooked with just another few minutes on the griddle. Then layer on a single layer in a cookie sheet, freeze on the cookie sheet overnight, then transfer to a freezer bag or freezer-proof container.
I like to get my dried herbs, ground spices, and sea salt from Mountain Rose Herbs.
You can find organic pasture-raised turkey here.
- For the turkey burgers:
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped mint
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Sereno pepper, or Anaheim chili, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil, plus more to grease the skillet
- For the Coconut-Dill Dressing:
- 1 can full fat or light coconut milk
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 4 teaspoons dried dill
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1.5 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat griddle over medium heat.
- Mix the turkey, chopped mint, paprika, cinnamon, pepper, salt, and 3 tablespoons avocado oil.
- Form into patties 4 inches across and ¾ inch thick.
- Grease the griddle with avocado oil and grill burgers in batches, 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and freeze in a single layer on a cookie sheet, then transfer to a gallon zip-top bag once frozen.
- For the dressing: Mix all ingredients. Store covered in the fridge up to 10 days.
- Reheating instructions: From frozen, heat over med-low heat for 5 mins on each side, top with dressing, and enjoy!
This recipe is made as part of our Mediterranean cooking day in the Afternoon Cooking Club. Join us for more fun Italian recipes bursting with flavor and nutrition!
21 Easy and Delicious Grain-Free Meals
Curious about eating grain-free? I want to show you how easy and delicious it can be!
Try our best-selling meal plans... for free!
Just enter your information and I'll email it to you right away.