These almond flour muffins are full of nourishing and healthy fall ingredients and taste like pumpkin pie! They pass the taste test with surprise from non-grain-free friends as well, I love it when people are surprised by how good our food is, ‘Your kids are allowed to have that?!‘ was the comment I got about these muffins.
You can use any kind of cooked winter squash- butternut, pumpkin, acorn, etc. One of the best things about grain free baked goods is that they are higher in protein and higher in healthy fats than their wheat flour counterparts, so they stick with you well!
Almond Flour Pumpkin Pie Muffins
Almond Flour Pumpkin Pie Muffins with Fresh Ginger
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup soft butter ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 inch ginger root peeled and grated finely if not using a food processor
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour buy coconut flour here
- 1 teaspoon sea salt buy unrefined sea salt here
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon buy high quality spices here
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour buy almond flour here
- 1-1/2 cups cooked pumpkin or squash how to cook a winter squash
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda optional
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey use less if you are accustomed to less sweet treats, more if you are just starting to reduce sweeteners
- Coconut oil for oiling muffin pan
Preheat oven to 375*.
In a food processor or stand mixer, beat eggs until frothy.
Next add butter, ginger, coconut flour, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Blend well, making sure the coconut flour is well mixed in.
Add cooked almond flour, pumpkin puree, optional baking soda, and honey.
Line muffin pan with liners if desired and dot liners with coconut oil or grease muffin pan with coconut oil.
Fill nearly full with batter and bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
We like to use stoneware muffin pans for tall, light, and delicious muffins! You can find them here.
KETO: 4 net carbs IF you substitute stevia or other no-carb sweetener for the honey (approx 4 packets/servings of stevia or monkfruit are equivalent)
Free Ebook this month only: 20 Grain-Free Breakfast Recipes
20 Delicious Breakfast Recipes suitable for GAPS and Paleo diets!