Latkes are fried pancakes traditionally eaten during Hanukkah, though these apple latkes fried in coconut oil are sweet, warm, delicious, and nourishing any time! Suitable for those on GAPS or SCD.
I serve with full fat homemade yogurt.
Gluten-Free Apple Latkes (Paleo, GAPS, SCD)
Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Mix grated apple, almond or coconut flour, honey, eggs, cinnamon, and sea salt, making sure to break up any clumps of almond or coconut flour.
Spoon 1 tablespoon at a time of latke batter into oil, fry for a couple minutes on the first side, or until set and can easily be flipped with a spatula, then another minute on the other side.
Serve warm, topping with yogurt and additional cinnamon if desired
More Gluten-free Latke Recipes for every night of Hanukkah:
- Potato Latkes made with almond and tapioca flour by A Clean Bake look delicious topped with sour cream.
- Jesse Lane Wellness uses brown rice flour and fries in grapeseed oil.
- Carrots and scallions make up these delicious vegetable latkes from Elena’s Pantry.
- Spinach, thyme, and lemon flavor these potato latkes from Going Cavewoman.
- Mark uses turnip or dakion radish, squeezing the extra liquid out for a perfect fry.
- Lexi’s Clean Kitchen uses classic potato, dipped in applesauce for a savory/sweet treat.
- A Calculated Whisk makes beautiful sweet potato latkes with smoked paprika.
- Jenny from Nourished Kitchen uses both split peas and sweet potatoes in hers, yum!
5 Delicious Keto FatBombs
Sign up to get my 5 Best Keto Fatbomb Recipes sent right to your inbox! Plus a bonus pizza recipe :)