Most Americans know that they love ‘Ranch Flavored’ anything, but what exactly is that flavor? It’s actually packed with health-giving ingredients like garlic and parsley, so when we make it ourselves with healthy oils, and add a little milk kefir to give it a probiotic boost, we get the health advantages of these delicious herbs without the soybean oils or MSG present in supermarket brands.
Need herbs? That’s one of the things I’ve been telling my Freezer Cooking Students that it’s soooo much more cost effective to buy in bulk than those little glass jars available at the supermarket. I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs for the best selection, or hunting down a good selection in your town.
Don’t omit the dried chives- I haven’t used them until I made this recipe, but they make it just perfect.
Fast Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ white onion, diced (or 1 tablespoon dried onion)
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons milk kefir or coconut milk
- Use a fork to stir the chives, parsley, garlic, onion, black pepper, and sea salt into the mayonnaise.
- Add kefir (or coconut milk if dairy free) to reach desired consistency. Cover and chill at least an hour, it’s better the next day.
- This keeps for 6 days without the kefir, 14 days with it (the probiotic activity helps keep it fresh). Do not freeze, mayonnaise-based sauces do not hold up well in the freezer.
Grain-Free Holiday Desserts, Breakfasts, and Side Dishes
Candied Butternut Squash, Zesty Lime Custard, Honey-Sweetened Pecan Pie, Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce, and 10 more holiday recipes that you'll love for the way they taste and the way they make you feel.