I just got the new book Everyday Grain-Free Baking in the mail a few weeks ago, and ever since it’s been the cookbook I hand to my kids to choose a recipe on our Saturday baking day tradition. Most recipes are GAPS-legal, and if they’re not, there are simple substitutes or omissions that can be made. I especially love that they call for ingredients I almost always have on hand – coconut and almond flour are used, but those are in most grain-free kitchens anyway.
The recipes are simple to follow and delicious. So far we’ve tried these biscuits and the cinnamon-swirl coffee cake with great success! Kelly offered to let me share the biscuit recipe with my readers, so here it is. Thanks Kelly!
Reprinted with permission from Everyday Grain-Free Baking
Grain-Free Southern-Style Biscuits made with Honey
- 2-1/2 cups blanched almond flour find here
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey omit for keto or replace with 1 packet/scoop of stevia or monk fruit if desired
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- n a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter and honey until smooth. Add the coconut milk, eggs, and apple cider vinegar, whisking together until well combined.
- Using a spoon, stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop a large spoonful of batter into your hands and gently roll into a ball about the size of an apricot; repeat until you’ve made
- Place the dough balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet two inches apart and gently flatten using the palm of your hand. (If dough is too sticky, refrigerate for about 15 minutes before rolling into balls and flattening.)
- Bake about 15 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Serve warm with a drizzle of raw honey or homemade jam.
5 Delicious Keto FatBombs
Sign up to get my 5 Best Keto Fatbomb Recipes sent right to your inbox! Plus a bonus pizza recipe :)