These spaghetti squash enchilada bowls are simple to put together – the squash halves roast as you are whipping up the enchilada sauce and cooking the chicken. They are delicious too- with the slightly sweet taste and delicate texture of the spaghetti squash complementing the spicy-smokey enchilada sauce and hearty chicken. Any Mexican-style topping works well with this dish, you can see cheese, sliced black olives, and sliced green onions here. Guacamole, sour cream, or fermented salsa would be great toppings as well.
Paleo Chicken Enchilada Bowls in Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 350*. Cut spaghetti squash in half. Scoop out pulp and seeds, leaving the 1-2 inches of rind in the squash. Place cut-side down on a roasting pan or two. Fill pans with 1 inch of filtered water and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- In a large sauce pan, melt coconut oil over medium heat. As the oil is melting, cut up chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add the chicken all at once, and stir occasionally.
- As you are stirring the chicken, make the enchilada sauce by mixing the tomato paste, spices, and onion in a small bowl with a fork. Gradually add chicken stock to thin the mixture.
- Once the chicken has been browned, reduce heat to medium-low and add the enchilada sauce. Cover. Allow to simmer, covered, stirring every 10 minutes or so, until the squash is done.
- Once the squash is done, remove from heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Remove the chicken-enchilada sauce mixture from the heat as well.
- Use a fork to separate all the spaghetti strings of each squash half, leaving the squash in the bowl for serving. Top with the chicken enchilada mixture and toppings of choice. Enjoy hot!
20 Main-Dish recipes that are packed full of protein. Don’t get left without an idea of what to make as your main dish tonight! Armed with these delicious recipes you’ll be set with main dishes that help heal your gut, nourish growing children, and maintain healthy adults.
Recipes such as orange chicken, bacon-wrapped meatloaf, veggie-packed meatballs, and more!
5 Delicious Keto FatBombs
Sign up to get my 5 Best Keto Fatbomb Recipes sent right to your inbox! Plus a bonus pizza recipe :)