With jewel-jam centers and a tender almond flour shortbread cookie, these bright thumbprint cookies are sure to be a hit. The jam can be made with any berry, but we like raspberry for its bright red color and sweet flavor. You can whip up a batch of raw honey-sweetened raspberry chia jam in just 5 minutes with this recipe here.
The almond flour based shortbread cookies are fast to make, with just a few simple ingredients that are available in most health food stores. They’re sure to disappear in a flash, but if you happen to have leftovers, keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Almond-Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies (Paleo, GAPS)
- Preheat oven to 350* F
- Prepare cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil in a large mixing bowl, and allow to cool until no longer hot.
- Mix the coconut oil, almond flour, coconut flour, honey, sea salt, and egg with a fork or hand-held mixer, until all coconut oil clumps have broken up and mixture is mixed through.
- Form into 1-inch balls using a cookie scoop, or scooping a tablespoon of dough at a time and rolling by hand.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet (most cookie sheets will hold 12).
- Using your thumb or index finger, make an indention in each cookie top, flattening the cookie slightly.
- Use a small spoon to fill indentations with jam, being careful to not overfill.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookies starts to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Remove to cooling rack and enjoy!
- Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 7 days.
5 Delicious Keto FatBombs
Sign up to get my 5 Best Keto Fatbomb Recipes sent right to your inbox! Plus a bonus pizza recipe :)