Butternut squash soup is rich and creamy, and the bone broth makes it nutrient dense as well. Butternut squash soup is one of my favorite fall meals, it just invites you to light a beeswax candle with dinner, doesn’t it?
Garnish with thyme or other fresh herbs and serve with grain free banana-nut muffins.
Simple Warming Butternut Squash Soup
- Peel and cube half a large butternut squash, or a whole medium one (approx 2 lbs)
- In a medium sized pot, melt butter over medium heat, and add the butternut squash, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add in chicken stock.
- Crush the garlic and thinly dice the ginger, add.
- Add salt.
- Fill the pot as needed with water, to within one inch of the top.
- Cover and cook on medium-low for an hour, until the squash is soft.
- Puree using an immersion blender.
- Top with cultured cream or coconut milk.
GAPS Intro: Use tallow in place of butter, and do not cook the stock in tallow for 10 minutes (step 2) before stage 4, but rather immediately add in chicken stock and simmer until well cooked.
Do not use coconut milk until off GAPS Intro.
5 Delicious Keto FatBombs
Sign up to get my 5 Best Keto Fatbomb Recipes sent right to your inbox! Plus a bonus pizza recipe :)