Cinnamon Roll Pullapart Breakfast
Of all the food traditions around the holidays, this one might be my favorite (with Key Lime pie for birthdays being a strong runner up). Christmas morning with pullapart bread made the wait to open presents worthwhile. While growing up our rolls came from a can, this paleoified version uses a batter made from almond flour and really doesn’t take much more time to mix up, and it won’t give sensitive people a stomach ache.
Use a cookie scoop to quickly make perfect pullapart-sized dough balls.
Cinnamon Roll Pullaparts Made with Almond Flour (Paleo, GAPS)
- Use butter to grease a 9 inch round cake pan and line the bottom of it with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and honey, and then bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes, until it turns into caramel.
- Pour mixture into the greased pan and sprinkle it with pecans.
- Combine dough ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. The dough should become stiff.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of it onto the hot caramel and pecans and sprinkle with cinnamon. Flatten each roll slightly.
- Bake rolls at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Toothpick inserted into a roll should come out clean, and the center of the rolls should seem firm.
- Loosen the edges of the dough with a spatula then invert the cake pan onto a serving plate.
Grain-Free Holiday Desserts, Breakfasts, and Side Dishes
Candied Butternut Squash, Zesty Lime Custard, Honey-Sweetened Pecan Pie, Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce, and 10 more holiday recipes that you'll love for the way they taste and the way they make you feel.