We like this soup both warm and chilled for warmer weather. Rich beetroots and carrots puree in nourishing chicken broth and create a hearty soup suitable for any time of the year. Serve with coconut flour bread, hazelnut bread, and sliced beef or chicken to round out the meal.
Nourishing Beet Soup
- 4 medium beets peeled and chopped
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 cups stock or more to thin the soup as desired
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- ¼ cup fresh dill finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic add more to taste
- Cultured cream to serve (optional)
Place the beets, carrots, and stock in a crock pot. Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes, or in the slow cooker low 8 hours or high 4 hours, until the beets are soft.
Add remaining ingredients and puree with an immersion blender, in a food processor or blender. Add more stock to thin as desired. Serve warm or cool and serve chilled.
To serve cold: Chill well and serve topped with yogurt or cultured cream as desired.
12 grams net carbs, this is carby for keto but may fit into some people's carb counts.
5 Delicious Keto FatBombs
Sign up to get my 5 Best Keto Fatbomb Recipes sent right to your inbox! Plus a bonus pizza recipe :)