By baking bacon, we can do a whole pound or two at once, and get it perfect every time. No more standing at the stove, getting splattered in bacon grease every Saturday morning. Bake up a bunch of bacon and have a slice or two every day from the fridge!
Easy Baked Bacon To Save Time And Mess
- 1/2 to 1 pound sugar-free bacon find sugar-free bacon here
Lay out 1 pound bacon on a baking sheet, sides can be slightly overlapping as they will shrink by about 20%.
Bake at 350* for 25 minutes.
Drain on papertowels.
Once slightly cool, but still melted, reserve fat in a mason jar to use for cooking.
Ideas for using bacon grease:
- Use as your fat to cook eggs in
- Use to caramelize onions
- Replace half the oil with barely-liquid (but not hot) bacon grease when you make mayo to make bacon-infused mayonnaise.
- Stir fry cauliflower rice with a tablespoon of melted bacon grease.
- Add to deviled egg filling for a bacon-taste.
- Use to brown roasts before pressure cooking or roasting.
- Replace half the butter oil oil in sweet recipes with bacon grease for an unexpected subtle bacon flavor.
Free Ebook this month only: 20 Grain-Free Breakfast Recipes
20 Delicious Breakfast Recipes suitable for GAPS and Paleo diets!
I’m glad you changed the temperature for baking the bacon – 400 was a bit too high.
Any special instructions for storing the baked bacon in the freezer? How long will it last in the fridge?