We’ve been passing around a spring cold the past few weeks in our house. To boost our immunity we take elderberry syrup, and a couple weeks in I figured out it was easier to sneak the dose into a smoothie or popsicle than it was to spoon it out to everyone day after day. Not that it’s difficult to spoon out, this is just a touch easier, and it adds a bright pink flavor to our normally more pale smoothies. I add a tablespoon of gelatin to our smoothies most days for the health benefits (post coming on this soon).
Immunity smoothie recipe (GAPS Friendly)
- 1 banana, ripe with spots (read about bananas on GAPS here)
- 2 tablespoons elderberry syrup (read about the immunity boosting properties of elderberry syrup here)
- 1 cup frozen organic mixed berries or other fruit of choice
- 1 cup milk kefir or coconut milk
- (optional) 1 tablespoon grassfed gelatin (buy here)
Blend, adding milk if needed to thin. Serves 2-4. Freeze remainder in popsicle molds, we love these rocketship pops found here. You fit a surprisingly small amount in popsicle molds, so a little left over goes a long way. The kids love the different flavors of popsicles that come from using different fruit and I love not throwing away the dab of extra smoothie we often seem to have!
5 Delicious Keto FatBombs
Sign up to get my 5 Best Keto Fatbomb Recipes sent right to your inbox! Plus a bonus pizza recipe :)