Who says that just because you’re grain free, or even dairy free, that you have to give up pizza? The sweet-rich tomato sauce topped with all the traditional pizza toppings is the best part anyway! Indulge as often as you like, and carry on the homemade pizza night tradition with this Meatza.
Pizza is now a health food!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt ground
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1-3 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 3-4 mushrooms sliced
- ½ onion diced
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 tomato sliced (optional)
- 1 cup spinach shredded (optional)
- 1/3 cup olives sliced (optional)
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded (optional)
- Mix ground beef, pepper, salt, seasoning and garlic in a bowl. On a cookie sheet or in a large glass dish, pat meat into a ‘pizza crust’. Top with tomato sauce and vegetables then top with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through and cheese is melted. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then slice into wedges.
- Dairy-free: Omit cheese – eating slices of meatza is still fun anyway!