These baked pancakes taste like sourdough because of all the yogurt included in the recipe- Sourdough is one of the things I’ve missed most about being grain free, so I’m in love with this recipe! It’s great used as ‘sandwich bread’ or just topped with butter as a snack as well.
They’re an easy dish for a crowd and less time consuming than flipping individual pancakes. If you’re concerned about soaking the nut flour (I personally skip this step), you can soak the almond flour and yogurt overnight and add in the eggs in the morning. The recipe was developed by my friend Rachel when she did a GAPS trial last year, and was a hit at her house too.
Hootenanny Pancake Recipe
Baked Sourdough Almond Flour Pancake
- Put butter in 9″ x 13″ baking dish, set in 425 degree oven to melt.
- Beat eggs well, until foamy.
- Beat flour, milk and eggs together.
- When butter is melted, pour batter into it, put filled pan back in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Pancake will deflate quickly; be sure to bring it right to the table for an impressive presentation right out of the oven!
Net carbs: 4 per serving