Banana-sweetened, and studded with sweet-tart blueberries, these breakfast bars are put in the oven in a flash, and feed a crowd. Delicious heated up the next day as breakfast again, or cut into squares and placed into lunchboxes, this is sure to be a new family favorite!
I like to place the blueberries on top so they burst and form a topping, but you can also mix them into the coconut flour batter gently before pouring it into the pan.
You’ll see I use parchment paper here- It’s not necessary but it makes cleanup a snap. If you don’t use parchment, just grease your baking dish well with coconut oil before pouring in batter.
These blueberry-banana bars are going to be part of the next Fast Breakfasts and Packed School Lunches mini unit in my Freezer Cooking Class, which isn’t available quite yet, so here is the recipe for you to enjoy now!
Special ingredients used:
- 4 bananas (very ripe with spots)
- 7 eggs (preferably pastured)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 – 8 ounces of fresh or frozen blueberries (organic if possible)
- Puree the bananas in a food processor or blender, then add the eggs and continue to process until well mixed. Add honey, oil, and vanilla. Blend well. Add flour, baking soda and salt and blend until smooth. Pour batter into a mixing bowl and add the blueberries, stirring well.
- Grease a 9x13 pan and line it with parchment paper. Pour batter into the pan and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Check the bars to see if the top is getting too brown at this point. If it is, cover it with tin foil then continue to bake the bars for 10 more minutes.
Do you notice that your family dislikes anything made with coconut or almond flour? Click here for the #1 mistake made with coconut or almond flour baking!
21 Easy and Delicious Grain-Free Meals
Curious about eating grain-free? I want to show you how easy and delicious it can be!
Try our best-selling meal plans... for free!
Just enter your information and I'll email it to you right away.