It was super hot last week and all I’ve been wanting to eat is fresh fruit and salad. To make salads filling enough to be a meal I like to add hard boiled eggs, cubed chicken, parmesan cheese, and avocado to greens and other veggies. Cucumbers, grated carrots, and different kinds of cheese also make great additions to what we did here, just use the recipe below as a starting point.
Protein Filled Salad (GAPS, Keto friendly)
Protein Filled Summer Salad
- 3 hearts Romaine sliced across
- 1 avocado cut into slices
- 1 chicken breast coooked and cubed
- 5 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Ranch Dressing
- Toss all ingredients. If you're not going to eat it all at once top each serving with dressing individually.
Net carbs: 6
Other gluten-free, low-carb, simple and delicious salads:
For more nourishing salad ideas, check out Fresh by Kimi Harris of Nourishing Gourmet!