Zucchini bread is a much anticipated seasonal recipe in many homes. This year we lost most of our garden to a late freeze, but the zucchini plants survived just fine and we had plenty to make loaves and loaves of this goodness. This decadent zucchini bread could easily pass as a cake (as could most zucchini bread recipes that I have tried). It is tender, sweet, flecked with zucchini, and studded with homemade chocolate chips!
The almond flour and eggs make this bread high in protein, and the dates give it a slight caramel flavor. We make our own chocolate chips so that they are GAPS compliant, but feel free to omit them if you’d like to skip that step.
If you’re looking for a more savory zucchini bread made with almond flour, check out these GAPS Intro muffins.
- Preheat oven to 375* F
- In a small bowl, soak pitted dates in hot water and allow to soften for 5 minutes.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, or grease it well with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, eggs, shredded zucchini, honey, and sea salt. Stir well, until all the clumps of coconut flour are broken up.
- After combining all of the above, drain dates and use a knife to cut chop the now-soft dates into small pieces.
- Stir chopped dates into the bread batter, and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, checking for doneness by inserting a toothpick or knife into the center of the loaf. If the toothpick comes out clean, the loaf is done. If the batter sticks to it and is still wet, cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing.
21 Easy and Delicious Grain-Free Meals
Curious about eating grain-free? I want to show you how easy and delicious it can be!
Try our best-selling meal plans... for free!
Just enter your information and I'll email it to you right away.