Seasonally available in the wintertime due to its ability to store well, cabbage pairs unexpectedly, but deliciously, with green apple in this cabbage and green apple slaw recipe. In fact, many claim that green apple is a ‘family secret’ coleslaw addition!
The yogurt gives this cabbage-apple slaw a tangy probiotic boost. Apple cider vinegar and ginger both aid in digestion, making this easy slaw a perfect addition to your holiday table.
Cabbage Green Apple Slaw Has Easy Prep
When you make this using a food processor (I like this one) to shred the cabbage and grate the apple, it goes together in a flash.
This slaw also keeps well, so if you want to make it the night before you have guests for dinner, the flavors will just have that much more time to meld and it will be delicious. Toss with dressing before chilling in the fridge.
Cabbage and Green Apple Slaw with homemade yogurt dressing (perfect for winter)
- Combine the shredded cabbage and grated apples (using a grating attachment to your food processor works beautifully for both of these) in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine yogurt, apple cider vinegar, ginger, and sea salt in a small measuring cup or small bowl. If you would like to make the dressing earlier in the day, or even the day before, the flavors combine beautifully with added time.
- Toss the cabbage and apple mixture with the dressing.
This salad stores well even when it has been combined with dressing. I recommend serving it with something hearty and warm, like ribs, meatloaf, or pulled pork.
More cabbage recipes you’ll love:
- Easy Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Sauerkraut: Just Cabbage and Salt (lactofermented recipe)
- Quick and Easy Egg Roll in a Bowl (Keto, GAPS)
Unexpected Salad Recipes That Will Be Your New Favorites:
- Grain-Free Confetti Chicken Noodle Salad with Lime-Almond Dressing
- Sweet and Tangy Beet Salad (GAPS, Paleo, Seasonal)
- Napa Chicken Salad (freezer-to-slow-cooker meal, with video)