Cabbage is a beautiful winter vegetable that is most commonly served raw, but is delicious roasted as well. Whether serving the family a quick weeknight dinner, or looking for something more fancy for guests, roasted cabbage steaks are unexpectedly delicious dinner side dish.
The cabbage slices hold together well while you slice them, which make the prep super easy and fast. Roasting cabbage brings out the sweetness of this frugal winter vegetable, and goes with any protein. These cabbage steaks are also delicious cold leftover the next day.
Roasting cabbage isn’t fussy, go ahead and add it to whatever temperature your oven is already at. This cabbage shown was cooked alongside our Paleo Stuffed Beef Pinwheels at 375*.
Looking for more cabbage recipes? We’ve got you covered!
- Cabbage and Green Apple Slaw with homemade yogurt dressing
- Sauerkraut: Just Cabbage and Salt (lactofermented recipe)
- Quick and Easy Egg Roll in a Bowl
Easy Salt & Pepper Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Preheat oven to 375* F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a chef's knife to cut cabbage into 2-inch rounds.
- Use a paring knife or tip of the chef's knife to cut out core, cutting larger cabbage rounds in half while doing this if desired.
- Lay cabbage on parchment paper, keeping in a single layer and taking care to keep the cabbage 'steaks' together.
- Drizzle with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and optional Italian seasonings.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until edges of cabbage start to brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve onto plates with a spatula to preserve the delicate design.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge and enjoy warm or cool.
5 Delicious Keto FatBombs
Sign up to get my 5 Best Keto Fatbomb Recipes sent right to your inbox! Plus a bonus pizza recipe :)