I’ve been popping a batch of these parmesan cheese crisps in the oven as I simmer soup or sear meat and stir vegetables just about every night lately. They’re so fast to make, and the kids love the deep flavor, pretty pattern, and salty crunch!
I think these parmesan crisps go especially well with soup, I made them first to go with our Feel-Good Kale and White Bean Soup and they were a hit.
These are made just of cheese and take just minutes. Super simple, and they provide the crunch like chips, croutons, and crackers without the carbohydrates, grains, or gluten.
Easy Baked Parmesan Cheese Crisps (Keto, GAPS, Low Carb)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425* F, and preheat stoneware baking sheet if you are using stoneware. A metal baking sheet can be used as well, no need to preheat.
- Grate parmesan cheese until you have about 1/2 cup.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfulls of grated cheese in pile on the parchment paper, about 2-3 inches a part (it will spread).
- Bake in preheated oven for 5-10 minutes, checking often. Crisps are done when they start to turn golden brown.
- Remove crisps from the oven and allow to cool on the parchment paper. I like to take the parchment off the baking sheet and put it right on the cool countertop to speed this process up.
- Peel off parchment and use to garnish soup or salads!
This same process can be used with cheddar cheese, but I find it is a little greasier. We all love it though!
The parchment paper can be reused from these from night to night.