Crunchy, salty, with a hint of sweet chocolate… these Honey-Cocoa Almonds are quick to make and make a delicious dessert or even appetizer if you’re feeling festive. We use soaked and dehydrated nuts, since they are easier to digest, but you could substitute raw almonds here and roast prior to coating with the honey-cocoa mixture if you wish.
Honey-Cocoa Roasted Almonds (GAPS, Paleo)
- In a small saucepan, combine water, honey, and cocoa powder and bring to a simmer at medium-high heat.
- Add almonds and stir until thick and syrupy.
- Spread on a parchment-covered baking sheet- depending on how dry they are at this point, you may wan to skip the baking step that comes next and simply sprinkle with sea salt.
- If almonds are very tacky, bake at 400* for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Allow to dry for 1-2 hours.
- Enjoy, store leftovers in a covered container.