Taco seasoning is something we’ve made at home, rather than buying in packets, for years! It’s so pretty and fragrant to make, and as soon as your kids learn to use measuring spoons, they can do it for you!
If you love using spices in your kitchen, you can buy in bulk and store in decorative spice jars. These are perfect for your blends, like this taco seasoning as well!
This taco seasoning is free of fillers, which are not allowed on the GAPS diet and aren’t a bad thing for any of us to skip.
Fillers in commercial taco seasoning include things like wheat flour, milk solids (both problematic for allergies!), maltodextrin, corn starch, soybean oil, silica dioxide, and more.
This recipe is so simple, it once lived as a post-it on the inside of my spice cupboard because we made it so often. Then you can use it to season taco meat, or any recipe that you make for Taco Tuesday :)
Homemade Taco SeasoningPrint
- Combine all spices in a small glass jar. Store in a cupboard and use as needed.
Add fresh crushed garlic to meats and beans when using this seasoning.
Growing up in California, I still carry my love for Mexican food. Here are some that I’ve adapted to suit the way we eat (no flour tortilla here!) in our family, while still keeping all the delicious flavors.
- Easy Keto Baked Soft Taco Shells
- Low Carb Taco Soup (Keto, GAPS)
- Instant Pot Taco Soup (GAPS, Keto, Dairy Free)
- Simple and Delicious GAPS-Friendly Tacos in Butter Lettuce
- Gluten-Free Mexican Sopes (delicious fried corn cakes with toppings)
- Easy Homemade Refried Beans (Instant Pot and Stove Top)
- Make-at-Home Chipotle Burrito Bowl (grain free, GAPS friendly)