Much like our baked parmesan crisps, today we bake white cheddar, and not as long, and create delicious filling keto cheese taco shells. Nearly carb-free, these keto taco shells hold all sorts of yummy taco fillings!
Because we don’t bake these keto cheese taco shells until they’re super crisp, they are pliable and there is no rush to turn them into a ‘taco shape’. They also are less crumbly, and easier for little mouths to eat than crisp-baked taco shells. This recipe makes shells that reheat well too!
Making carb-free substitutions can really make or break adherence to the keto diet. Find out more about the keto diet (and how to start!) here.
Baked Keto Cheese Taco Shells
- 6 ounces white cheddar cheese yellow cheddar is just fine too
- Preheat oven to 350* F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Grate cheese using a cheese grater
- Make little circular piles of cheese that are about 3" across (see picture), 3 on each baking sheet for a standard sized baking sheet. Leave lots of space between for the cheese to melt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges start to turn dark and the cheese is still very melty in the middle. If you have a standard oven (not convection) rotate trays half way through to evenly cook the cheese.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, the cheese will set.
- Fill with your favorite taco fillings, and enjoy this keto-friendly taco shell!
0 g net carbs