If you’re avoiding legumes, or just looking for a change of pace from garbanzo-bean hummus, this addicting recipe is the treat you’re looking for. We love this hummus as a dip for sliced carrots, cucumbers, or whole green beans. It also be used as a condiment with cooked meat, or even spooned over chicken as it bakes for a special treat.
I love using fresh-pressed olive oil in this, as a way to include this delicious and healthy oil in our diets, while protecting its delicate structure by keeping it raw. Click here to see the fresh pressed olive oil that I use.
This recipe holds up well in the freezer, so feel free to freeze any extras.
Addicting Paleo Cashew Hummus (Paleo, low carb)
- 4 cups whole cashews or 3 cups pieces unsalted
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 small garlic cloves
- ¼ cup sesame tahini
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 cup filtered water or olive oil or a combination of both
- Cover cashews with filtered water and soak 4 hours, or overnight to soften.
- Place all ingredients except the water/oil in a food processor.
- Pulse, adding water or oil ¼ cup at a time until it reaches the thick, fluffy consistency of hummus. Use more or less water as necessary.
5 Delicious Keto FatBombs
Sign up to get my 5 Best Keto Fatbomb Recipes sent right to your inbox! Plus a bonus pizza recipe :)